Above is the book I used in that test run Kuroi Kenshi and I did. He uses a slightly different book so I'll let him post his along with this thoughts on changes when he has a chance. I can already think of some changes that could speed things up and make it a safer book.
1) Adding a fourth Jade Idol once I acquire one so that it can (hopefully) come out sooner.
2) Adding Quicksand so get people to stop on high level lands.
3) Removing Phantasm and adding Holy Asylum or Land Protection.
4) Removing Drain Magic and adding additional Forest Leap or Telekinesis.
5) Throwing some Necro Scarabs in for additional safety on large tolls.
Post by Lizardman on Sept 24, 2007 20:40:14 GMT -5
Leshy is one of my favorites, the new cards really help this deck. I can't think of any suggestions besides the ones you made except maybe try Hypno Sloth. This book looks like it would be lots of fun to play in a team battle, nice job.
Hah! Collecting a Level 5 toll after four rounds? That's absolutely nuts! Great luck and great design. Bravo.
Fame is an awesome compliment to the quick-level strategy, and I can see how Intrude can help speed things along. It looks like anyone playing team games will want to a look into counters for this one. It's almost too good.
Last Edit: Sept 26, 2007 19:31:32 GMT -5 by zepyulos
Once KK gets his game in order we're gonna seriously revamp this book.
But to answer your question, Herald Spirit's ability to give Enlightenment next round was the reason we chose it in the initial book concept. This allows you to move Doppelganger over to a Leshy to initiate a fight. In addition, she is immediate which makes getting her on a green land to build chains that much easier.